Q. What is the workplace personality test based on?
A. The TypeFinder finds your personality type according to the 16-type system developed by Isabel Briggs Myers. Your personality is assessed on four dimensions:
- Extraversion vs. Introversion
- Sensing vs. Intuition
- Thinking vs. Feeling
- Judging vs. Perceiving
Your results on each dimension are combined to create your four-letter type code, for example INTP or ESFJ.
Q. How long is the workplace personality test?
A. You'll answer between 60 and 80 questions. The test adapts as you go, so you will answer more questions in areas where your personality type is not clear. Allow about 10-15 minutes to complete the test.
Q. What will I learn from my results?
A. Your full report for the workplace personality assessment covers all aspects of your personality on the job, from work style, to leadership and teamwork, to paths to growth and development. To get a better idea of what to expect, check out a sample report.
Q. Is this personality test accurate?
A. No personality test is 100% accurate, but this test has been researched extensively to ensure it is valid and reliable, using a variety of statistical methods. Many of our users describe their results as both accurate and insightful. For more information, please see the research report on the assessment.
Q. I am interested in giving a personality assessment to my employees. How would that work?
A. You can easily set up a Pro account to administer the TypeFinder for the Workplace personality test to your employees. Please visit the Pro account page for more information.
Q. I'm looking for the MBTI® assessment. Is this it?
A. The MBTI® is the original assessment developed by Isabel Myers and Katharine Briggs. The TypeFinder® is based on Myers and Briggs' theory, but is not the same as the MBTI® assessment. Some key differences:
The MBTI® Assessment
- Developed by Isabel Briggs Myers
- Based on theories of C.G. Jung, Katharine Briggs and Isabel Myers
- to purchase; or, work with a to administer
- is available but for teams
- Costs vary; start at $2,900 USD
The TypeFinder® for the Workplace
- Developed by Truity
- Based on Myers and Briggs' theory and original empirical research
- No certification required to purchase or use; reports are written in plain, jargon-free language
- Online assessment designed specifically for the needs of teams
- Full results are $29 for an individual, or as little as $9/person for teams
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are registered trademarks of The Myers & Briggs Foundation in the United States and other countries. Truity has no affiliation with the organizations publishing or holding rights to the MBTI® assessment.